Club Leadership and Business Management School
April 2, 2016 9:00am-3:00pm
Holiday Inn Express Suites (Oregon Room), 105 Opal Ct NE, Albany Oregon
USA Swimming offers this exciting and unique workshop for coaches and board members to learn how to be effective in leading and governing their team. Swim Club leaders work together in learning about new strategies to improve their club. This course is required for all new clubs. However, it is also highly recommended for all existing programs and is open to everyone. If you are a Board Governed program it is recommended that both the Board Chair and the Head Coach attend.
- Mission and structure
- Finances, budgets and fundraising
- Policy setting
- Strategies for the future
- Staff & BOD responsibilities
- Using task forces & committees
- Engaging volunteers
- Meetings & agendas
- Developing leaders
- Insurance issues for clubs
- Safe Sport review
During the course you will learn
- Effective ways to communicate on your team
- Items to look for when developing a budget
- Understanding fiduciary responsibility
- Fundraising suggestions
- How to govern more and manage less
- Ten basic responsibilities of a board
- Three legal duties of a board
- Available resources
CLBMS 201 is an in-person course which is required prior to the second year of club membership and strongly encouraged for all club leaders. Completion of the 101 online course is advisable prior to attending a 201 course.
CLBMS 101 - To register for CLBMS 101 Online, click here. The class takes about 1 hour.
For more information, contact Bill Krumm USA Swimming's Western Zone Sport Development Consultant at 719-866-3582 or email@example.com.
Participants must register by March 25, 2016 with Oregon Swimming. Include your name and team affiliation, and mail a check for $10 to 12655 SW Center ST, Suite 330, Beaverton OR 97005.